[gmx-developers] Implementation of Bennet estimator for chemical potential

JR Schmidt schmidt at chem.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 14 22:30:32 CEST 2009

Thanks for the quick reply.  To summarize, it sounds like the last
(N+1st) particle is "special", and this is special case is incorporated
in several locations throughout the code.  Deletions are more
complicated, as one would ideally like to remove all molecules to
improve the statistics.

I believe one can workaround this by simply "swapping" the coordinates
of the molecule one wants to delete with the N+1st molecules.  Then the
do_force call will yield in interaction energy of the deleted molecule
with the rest of the system.  The \Delta U desired is just the negative
of this quantity.

E-mail: schmidt at chem.wisc.edu
http://www.chem.wisc.edu/users/schmidt