[gmx-developers] Implementation of Bennet estimator for chemical potential

hess at sbc.su.se hess at sbc.su.se
Tue Jul 14 22:05:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

There are a few small "tricks" that make this work.
In the do_force call in do_tpi the bonded flag is not given,
such that you get only the non-bonded interactions.
In ns.c the fr->n_tpi parameter sets that only the non-bonded
interactions with the test molecule are calculated.
Furthermore, there in several places in the code, mainly in force.c,
the fr->n_tpi parameter is used to get only the test molecule
contribution, for instance for the long-range dispersion correction.

I would assume particle deletion is more complicated,
since you probably want to try to remove all molecules,
not just the last one as in insertition.

I don't know if it is of use to you, but I implemented the BAR
equivalent of TPI, including g_bar, in the git master branch.

Berk