[gmx-developers] Re: trjconv -fit rot+trans -pbc broken, was: trjconv defaults

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:17:04 CET 2009

Hi Roland,

Doing PBC stuff first and fitting later is still the only solution.
Somewhere in the archive there is a discussion digging further on this
problem, but with exactly the same conclusion. There will still be a
difficulty with visualization though, if the box is to be rotated. The
PDB format does not allow inclusion of such arbitrary triclinic cells.
They can't be captured in a CRYST1 record, which has vector lengths
and angles, but not orientation.

Cheers,

Tsjerk