[gmx-developers] template.c does not compile due to types/trx.h

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at iki.fi
Fri Aug 27 10:49:50 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:05, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se> wrote:
> the share/template/template.c does not compile in the master branch when I
> build gromacs in a separate object dir:
>
> In file included from ./gromacs/types/trx.h:43,
>                 from ./gromacs/typedefs.h:52,
>                 from ./gromacs/futil.h:40,
>                 from ./gromacs/filenm.h:39,
>                 from /home/spoel/GG/gromacs/share/template/template.c:32:
> ./gromacs/types/../vmdio.h:22:28: error: molfile_plugin.h: No such file or
> directory
> ./gromacs/types/../vmdio.h:23:26: error: types/simple.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> The source code refers to include files in
> <gromacs/futil.h>
> etc.,
> but the real problem I guess is that types/trx.h includes
> #include "../molfile_plugin.h"
> #include "../vmdio.h"
>
> That seems like a bad idea. I disabled building the template for now.

Which system this is on? For me, the template compiles just fine with
an out-of-tree build with the master branch just before your commit.
Those #include "../file.h" are used in several headers under
include/types, and that's about the only way of making them work
irrespective of preprocessor include flags. And it seems that they
also include the correct file in your case, but that files included
from those ones don't work for some reason.

Teemu