[gmx-developers] nose hoover thermostat induces resonance

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Wed Feb 10 11:01:04 CET 2010

Yes, I would guess you are getting coupling here.

1 ps is also very short for the coupling period.
And maybe it would also be better to not have the T and P coupling times
equal.
Since the coupling "efficiency" does not really depend on the coupling time
with second order coupling, you can make them much longer.
I would try tau_t=5 ps and tau_p=10 ps.

Probably Nose-Hoover chains, as available with the new VV integrator,
would avoid such problems.

Berk