[gmx-developers] Gromacs source-code integrate with Eclipse IDE - Help

Rodrigo faccioli rodrigo_faccioli at uol.com.br
Fri Jan 15 19:40:23 CET 2010

Firstly, thank you, Roland, for your help.

Actually, it is my first time that I work with cmake and Eclipse. I choose
to work Gromacs, cmake and Eclipse because I want to learn about them :)

I tried to run Roland's last email. The step 1 ran correctly. However, when
I execute the step 2 did not work. Below, I show the command line which I
used and its output.

faccioli at faccioli-laptop:~/workspace/gromacs$ cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix
Makefiles"
-- checking for module 'libxml-2.0'
--   package 'libxml-2.0' not found
-- Could NOT find LibXml2  (missing:  LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find FFTW3  (missing:  FFTW3_LIBRARIES FFTW3_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:335 (MESSAGE):
  Cannot find fftw3 (with correct precision).  Fix it, choose another FFT
  library, or use the Gromacs built-in fftpack (slower)!

I followed the installation process according to Quick and Dirty
Installation (
http://www.gromacs.org/index.php?title=Download_%26_Installation/Installation_Instructions/Quick_and_Dirty_Installation
)
The difference is I'm working with FFTW 3.2.2 and openmpi 1.3.4.
Furthermore, I installed the libxml2 its version
2.7.3

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

--