[gmx-developers] Gromacs source-code integrate with Eclipse IDE - Help

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Jan 14 17:22:53 CET 2010

Hi,

sorry for not looking everything up in the first place.

I just tried it and you can use egit with cmake.

Steps:
1) Download Gromacs with egit - but DON'T  click "Import project after
clone"
2) Run Cmake outside of eclipse to generate eclipse project file. Choose
CDT4 project file as generator. And run it directly in the source folder.
3) Import this project file in eclipse
4) Right click project->Team->Share Project to enable egit control of this
project.

Instead of step 2) you can also use ./bootstrap, ./configure. Then you just
also need to add the make targets.

The help for the Cmake Generator is at:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator

For Cmake you currenlty need to manually enable SSE for acceleration and
GMX_IA32_ASM or GMX_X86_64_ASM to get fast kernels.

Roland