[gmx-developers] removal of water by keepbyz.pl script

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat May 1 16:34:41 CEST 2010

Dear Tasneem:

Try reading through the material here:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Membrane_Simulations

1. There are actually about 10 steps that you must follow to use this
routine (see that web page listed above).

2. The C-program is *much* faster and does exactly the same thing, so
I suggest that you compile keepbyz.c and use it instead.

3a. You need to modify the script or program depending on if you have
velocities in your .gro file. This is outlines on that same webpage.

3b. You need to modify the bash script to let it know how many atoms
are in your water model (but the C program takes this as command line
input). This is outlines on that same webpage.

Chris.