[gmx-developers] `GLIBC_2.7' not found

Gaurav Goel gauravgoeluta at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:08:06 CEST 2010

I made some changes to the GROMACS utility g_msd, renamed all the
corresponding files g_visco.c, gmx_visco.c etc. I added
g_visco/gmx_visco at all the appropriate places in
src/tools/Makefile.in and src/tools/Makefile.am. I also had to add
some lines to 'src/gmxlib/trxio.c' and 'include/statutil.h'. I then
re-build GROMACS on my work computer as follows:

---------------
export CPPFLAGS=-I/home/gxg133/Download/fftw/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/home/gxg133/Download/fftw/lib
CC=gcc
F77=gfortran
./configure --enable-float --prefix=/home/gxg133/Download/gromacs_405_oct09/

make
make install
-----------------

I understand that for all subsequent changes I make to gmx_visco.c, I
only need to enter "make gmx_visco" in src/tools.

The executable 'g_visco' runs fine on my work computer. However, when
I copied the executable 'g_visco' to the Ohio Supercomputer Cluster, I
got this error:
g_visco: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by g_visco)

Do I need to add any additional flags to my build to make sure this
executable is transferable to different platforms?

Thanks,
Gaurav