[gmx-developers] Merge enforced rotation branch into master

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Tue Nov 16 16:58:34 CET 2010

Hi,

can I do a
git checkout master; git merge release-4-5-patches; git push
such that the master gets all the pending fixes from the
4.5 branch?

When the master is up-to-date, I want to put the enforced
rotation additions into the master branch.

I have noticed that this looks a bit messy in gitk if I
simply merge the rotation branch into the master due to lots
of commits to the rotation branch over more than a year.
If you prefer, I can also apply the changes as a patch
to the master, resulting in a single commit. Afterwards,
the rotation branch could be deleted.

Please let me know what you prefer.

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Kutzner
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics