[gmx-developers] [Patch] Gromacs 4.5.1 installs libraries to wrong directory on 64bit

Sander Pronk pronk at cbr.su.se
Thu Oct 7 13:42:14 CEST 2010

I'm not so sure about that: the actual library location is distribution and OS specific: rpm-based distributions appear to have all of their 64-bit libraries in /usr/lib64, while dpkg-based distributions have 64-bit libraries in /usr/lib. Mac OS has no /usr/lib64 at all, and OpenSolaris has /usr/lib/64.

Come to think of it, I don't think /usr/lib is the 'wrong path' at all: it may be wrong on some Linux distributions, but that's mostly a historical accident.

Sander