[gmx-developers] [Patch] Gromacs 4.5.1 installs libraries to wrong directory on 64bit

Florian Dommert dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Oct 7 14:31:15 CEST 2010

On 10/07/2010 01:42 PM, Sander Pronk wrote:
> I'm not so sure about that: the actual library location is distribution and OS specific: rpm-based distributions appear to have all of their 64-bit libraries in /usr/lib64, while dpkg-based distributions have 64-bit libraries in /usr/lib. Mac OS has no /usr/lib64 at all, and OpenSolaris has /usr/lib/64.
>
> Come to think of it, I don't think /usr/lib is the 'wrong path' at all: it may be wrong on some Linux distributions, but that's mostly a historical accident.
>
> Sander
>

> On 7 Oct 2010, at 11:30 , Klaus Kaempf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> building gromacs 4.5.1 rpm package with cmake fails on 64bit systems
>> due to a wrong install path.
>>
>> Patch attached.
>>
>> Klaus
>> ---
>> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
>>
>> <0001-Install-libraries-to-lib64-on-64bit-Linux-systems.patch>--
>> gmx-developers mailing list
>> gmx-developers at gromacs.org
>> www interface or send it to gmx-developers-request at gromacs.org.

When talking about the GMXRC, I realized another strange thing. When I
source the GMXRC in my bashrc, the $MANPATH variable is overwritten and
just the gromacs mans can be accessed via man. I circumvent this now by
saving the $MANPATH before I source GMXRC and appending it afterwards.
Am I doing something wrong or is there a small bug in the script.

/Flo

- --
Florian Dommert
Dipl.-Phys.