[gmx-developers] [Patch] Gromacs 4.5.1 installs libraries to wrong directory on 64bit

Klaus Kaempf kkaempf at suse.de
Thu Oct 7 16:13:36 CEST 2010

* Sander Pronk <pronk at cbr.su.se> [Oct 07. 2010 13:59]:

> I'm not so sure about that: the actual library location is distribution and OS specific: rpm-based distributions appear to have all of their 64-bit libraries in /usr/lib64, while dpkg-based distributions have 64-bit libraries in /usr/lib. Mac OS has no /usr/lib64 at all, and OpenSolaris has /usr/lib/64.

I absolutely agree on the library path being OS specific. However, the
current cmake setup only allows %{prefix}/lib which apparently is only
right for 32bit Linux and dpkg.

With my proposed patch you get it right for RPM based Linux and can
override it by setting the LIB environment variable when calling cmake.

Klaus
---