[gmx-developers] [Patch] Gromacs 4.5.1 installs libraries to wrong directory on 64bit

Sander Pronk pronk at cbr.su.se
Thu Oct 7 16:55:19 CEST 2010

Hi Klaus,

> With my proposed patch you get it right for RPM based Linux and can
> override it by setting the LIB environment variable when calling cmake.

That's a good point and I've committed the checking for the LIB environment variable.
I've also committed the LD_LIBRARY_PATH checking patch.
Thanks!

However, so far, I've kept the default to be %{prefix}/lib, because it works on:
- any dpkg-based system
- Mac OS X
- BSD-based systems
- cygwin
- Solaris (for whatever that's worth)
on any architecture.

and worse, %prefix/lib64 is *incompatible* with 3 out of the 5 systems mentioned above. Not to mention architectures like IA64 which are 64-bit but don't even have /usr/lib64 on RPM based systems.

Sander