[gmx-developers] compiling from tarball on ubuntu

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Tue Oct 19 16:41:54 CEST 2010

Hi!

We're having problems here compiling gromacs from source (tarballs).
We're trying 4.0.5 since that matches our local development tree.
Compilation seems to go fine, but mdrun segfaults at step 0 (in
nsgrid_core), and it also fails on the water tutorial (same segv).

I wasn't able to find any confirmation on the mailing lists, or anywhere
on the gromacs pages, of this issue. Stock ubuntu mdrun does run on the
same tpr. Tried it on ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) and 10.04 (lucid).

Can anyone confirm this problem, and any hint on how to proceed?

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "Your Country Needs YOU" (U.S. Army)                  |