[gmx-developers] Re: pdb2gmx, -water option, and non-standard models

Joshua L. Phillips jphillips7 at ucmerced.edu
Fri Apr 15 18:37:05 CEST 2011

Thanks Daniel. I've been using the solution suggested by Berk (echo 3 |
pdb2gmx ...) to do this for quite awhile, but editing the topology file
using sed is probably a little safer since some forcefields have more
(fewer) water models to consider than others.

What I imagine being the best solution is something like:
pdb2gmx -ff amber99sb -water tip4pew ...

I think it is reasonable to expect that a user can edit the topology
file themselves if they choose to use a water model that is not packaged
with Gromacs. However, I imagine most users would expect all water
models packaged with Gromacs to be listed in the enumeration.

Maybe the problem is just that tip4pew is missing from the enumeration?

-- Josh

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 12:00 +0200, gmx-developers-request at gromacs.org