[gmx-developers] cmake docs

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 20 13:52:39 CEST 2011

On 4/20/2011 9:11 PM, Sander Pronk wrote:
> In the gromacs source, try:
>
> mkdir build-cmake
> cd build-cmake
> cmake ..
> ccmake .
>
> note the  'ccmake'. It brings up an interactive terminal-based program that lets you inspect and set all the programs.
>
> BTW I'm not sure why we don't have info about this on the web site.

Well, we have some stuff here
http://www.gromacs.org/Developer_Zone/Cmake, but we do have to come up
with something rather more noob-friendly in the lead up to 5.0, lest the
mailing list be deluged for years. I was pushing the need for more
documentation of how GROMACS-CMake does work in a Bugzilla issue a year
ago. I should revisit the criticisms I made then in the light of my
increased CMake experience.

On a related point, there's probably messy stuff in the CMakeLists.txt
files because different people have hacked things at various points -
someone should probably cast an eye over it as a whole.

Mark