[gmx-developers] unintended fatal error and pull code

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Fri Dec 9 17:17:22 CET 2011

I put this check in some time ago.
Before that there was no check.
You should not pull groups up to a distance of more than half the
shortest periodic image distance.
If you don't do that, you don't need a check.
My bug report, and I assume this post, were for cases were the distance
was smaller than 0.5 * s.p.i.d.,
so a false positive.
Note that also the maximum distance allowed was reported incorrectly.

The chance on false negatives is extremely small and would in most cases
cause a crash within a few steps.

Also note that shifts to periodic images have nothing to do with this.
Those are taken into account correctly.

Cheers,

Berk