[gmx-developers] Constraining massless particles

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Feb 3 20:48:35 CET 2011

Isn't this what dummies are for?  If they have no mass, there are no
"correct" dynamics for them via integration of the equations of motion; the
only way for them to move in a physical way is through rigid body motions
with attached mass-full atoms, via the dummy atom functionality.

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor
Department of Chemical Engineering