[gmx-developers] Constraining massless particles

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Feb 3 20:54:02 CET 2011

Well, normally yes. But then I'd have to hack the vsite ilists every
time I want to turn a particle on or off. I'm trying to avoid that,
partially because I may not always want to have vsite hydrogens when the
hydrogens are active. I'm not too picky about exactly where the massless
particle is positioned, but I figure it may be wise to have it close to
the heavy atom. The important thing is to have the heavy atom move as if
the hydrogen wasn't there.

Cheers,

Erik