[gmx-developers] Constraining massless particles

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Feb 3 21:01:10 CET 2011

As far as I know, there is no way to have sensible dynamics of massless
particles except through virtual sites.  A massless particle has infinite
velocity at any finite temperature.

I suspect that you should rephrase the question you are asking such that it
can be answered either using vsite hydrogens, or with noninterating
hydrogens with mass.  The shake/lincs equations include inverse masses in
them; you can't get around it.

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor