[gmx-developers] Qhop-implementation: integration of motion not correct

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Jan 19 09:32:53 CET 2011

I'm simulatimg with cut-offs to keep things simple.

I tried calculating the diffusion coefficient with g_msd -rmcomm too,
but that didn't make much of a difference.

It's true that thw center of geometry is shifted away from the dipole
center, but I don't see how this would affect the simulations other than
that the "effective" cut-off would be increased slightly. The extra
particles have q=0 and invmass=0. I don't expect them to be subject to
any force under these conditions, thus not propagating any force to the
water atoms. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for helping out,

Erik