[gmx-developers] Qhop-implementation: integration of motion not correct

hess at sbc.su.se hess at sbc.su.se
Wed Jan 19 09:51:13 CET 2011

Really plain cut-off's???
That itself is already a sin for polar systems such as water.
But since such a setup doesn't use properly buffered cut-off's,
you'll get nasty artifacts, especially if the center of geometry
of the charge groups is far off from the center of the dipole.

I actually don't see what is simpler about using plain cut-off's.
Changing cut-off to PME is all you would need to do.
But even then there might still be some buffering issue.
Using pme-switch with a larger buffer would solve this.
But reaction-field-zero with a large buffer would also do.

These issues are the reason why I would like to have buffered
cut-off by default in Gromacs, but unfortunately that will cost
us some performance. I'm working on that though.

Berk