[gmx-developers] tpic run option - potential energy meaning

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Fri Mar 4 09:30:31 CET 2011

Hi,

The energies reported by tpi and tpic are only the interaction energy of
the inserted
molecule with the rest of the system. If your inserted molecule has
intra molecular
energy terms these will not enter into the reported energies, whereas
such contributions
would appear in the difference you determined by subtracting the two
results.

 Berk