[gmx-developers] Bug merging from release to master

mwolf at gwdg.de mwolf at gwdg.de
Thu Mar 10 15:58:27 CET 2011

> On 03/10/2011 02:01 PM, Roland Schulz wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 5:44 AM,<mwolf at gwdg.de>  wrote:
>>> I want to merge release-4-5-patches and master after a bugfix. I get
>>> conflicts that are not related to my changes. If I understand the
>>> discussion correct this comes from the code movement that has happened
>>> in
>>> master.
>> For me it has helped before to set
>> git config merge.renameLimit 3000
>> If you then redo the merge it might be able to merge it correctly.
>>
>> Roland
>>
> release-4-5-patches and master have diverged and will diverge more in
> the near future.
> We would of course like to have all bug fixes of 4.5 into master. But we
> need to come
> up with a proper policy for doing this, as it could soon become very
> tedious.
> So please do not commit any merges or bug-fixes into master which are
> also in 4.5-patches
> without explicit authorization from the core developers.
>
> We will soon announce the policies and release plans for the near future.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,

Sorry, I read your email too late. Carsten and I have just merged master
and 4-5-patches . However, the Conflicts where minor after using Rolands
suggestion.

> Berk

Dr. Maarten Wolf
Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Phone: (+49) (551) 201 - 2320