[gmx-developers] additional rtp entries

Alexey Shvetsov alexxy at omrb.pnpi.spb.ru
Wed Sep 28 17:06:36 CEST 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:03:34 +1000, Mark Abraham wrote:
> On 28/09/2011 8:29 PM, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Also why not make some common directory under $GMXDATA/top for such
>> things as cofactors? for example amrbe99* series forcefields has
>> compatible atom definitions for cofactors same for amber94 based ones.
>> May be this will work for contributed cofactor topology?
>
> How would you make it easy for users to know that they exist and with
> which force field they should be used?
They can be in directory with name like ligands.amber99 so they can be
included in rtp entry search while running pdb2gmx. I can made patches
to realize so.

> The real problem is that anything in the repository has to have
> someone prepared to take responsibility for checking, documenting and
> maintaining it, and developers' time is finite. I think a
> contributions section is a good place for such content. Now users can
> clearly understand that the level of support implied is distinct, and
> a web search will find it.
Yes contribution page is good thing (and it contain some variants of
forcefields and itps for limited set of ligands) but there should be
easy way to include new rtp entryes in ff. Something like i mentioned
above (e.g. directory like ligand.<ffbasename> in $GMXDATA/top or in
current dir for pdb2gmx)

--
Best Regards,
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov