[gmx-developers] FW: Gromacs quotes

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Dec 14 22:27:30 CET 2012

On 2012-12-14 21:55, Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) wrote:
> FYI, from my student.  We also have to turn these off in F at H to avoid
> complaints.
>
> Might it be time to retire the quotes? Do we feel it has that much of a
> purpose?  I wonder if it's causing more trouble than it's worth . . .

Maybe replace them with ads for the NRA?
Sorry, also bad taste.

We had discussion on it previously and the naysayers were less vocal
than the proponents at the time.

Does it have a purpose? It can put a smile on someone's face.

Otherwise,
setenv GMX_NO_QUOTES 1
Or maybe we can make it a cmake option ;).

> Best,
> Michael Shirts
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Chemical Engineering
> University of Virginia
> michael.shirts at virginia.edu
> (434)-243-1821

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.