[gmx-developers] FW: Gromacs quotes

ms devicerandom at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:04:34 CET 2012

On 19/12/12 15:31, Lee-Ping Wang wrote:
> I agree with Michael that a moderate solution would best serve our
> collective motivations as developers and contributors.

Moderation, as an absolute concept, doesn't exist. Everything can be
"extreme" or "moderate", depending on where you are in your opinions. I
personally see this "moderate solution" as a rather extreme example of
self-censorship.

> I don't think free
> speech is the issue; rather, the main issue is that everything has
> consequences, and it's in our best interest to voluntarily avoid saying
> things that might endanger the important goal of having a broad and
> inclusive user base.

Gmx devels can do what they want, but I'd advice *against* bending over
backwards to a prudish, thin-skinned and overall unscientific user base.

--
Massimo Sandal, Ph.D.
http://devicerandom.org