[gmx-developers] Question on -rerun

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Mon Dec 31 13:31:08 CET 2012

Hi,

My opinion is that all potential energies and forces should be reproduced.
With velocities in the trr the velocities, kinetic energy, temperature,
virial
and pressure should not be far off, as the temperature coupling should
only have a minor effect within one step. I don't think a user would care
about the last few decimals being different.
We can simply note in the manual that all velocity dependent quantities
are not present (or unreliable) without velocities and can be slightly off
by as much as the T-coupling effect in one step when v is present.

Cheers,

Berk