[gmx-developers] Question on -rerun

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Dec 31 15:12:58 CET 2012

> as the temperature coupling should
> only have a minor effect within one step. I don't think a user would care
> about the last few decimals being different.

It's not necessarily that small.  I'm seeing up to 1-3 kJ/mol differences
for a relatively small system.

Also, things are a bit more complicated than originally described -- the
descriptions of what works and doesn't were for Nose-Hoover -- for
v-rescale, it's actually md that gives matched energies, and md-vv doesn't.
Presumably some order of operations issues that can be fixed for md-vv,
since the ordering -- I'll keep poking.

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor