[gmx-developers] Windows64 builds and gsl linking

Mirco Wahab mirco.wahab at chemie.tu-freiberg.de
Tue Feb 21 22:16:03 CET 2012

Hi Roland,

Am 21.02.2012 20:09, schrieb Roland Schulz:
> I think you might be the first who compiled Gromacs with GSL on Windows.
> Could you upload your fix to gerrit.gromacs.org <http://gerrit.gromacs.org>?

The problem here is: I'm not a gmx-developer and probably would break
something through git (I don't work with git and have no experience
here). Therefore, I won't commit anything too fast.

Instead, I tried to collect some usable instructions for
building the 6.4 dev-version (including a patch file).

I also provide a fully working (at least here) binary
Gromacs-4.6-dev package w/install instructions for
people interested to test this.

For now, I'll put patches, instructions and binaries on
a web site (http://spule.compch.tu-freiberg.de/~wahab/gromacs/).

I would be grateful for any information regarding these builds.
Most likely I'll switch to git eventually and take a closer look
on how to take part in the gromacs-development process
(if possible at all).

Thanks & regards

M.