[gmx-developers] Minor CMAKE/fftw3 problem VS2010 x64 - finally solved

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Tue Feb 28 18:16:45 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Mirco Wahab <
mirco.wahab at chemie.tu-freiberg.de> wrote:

> Am 28.02.2012 15:23, schrieb Roland Schulz:
> > The error message is the part "no new changes". You need to make sure
> > that you commit your changes locally (git commit) before you try to push
> > them.
>
> OK, I made it finally. Additionally, I checked
> out [master], corrected for VS2010 problems (the
> same two changes plus two other small changes
> in /src/testutils/refdata.cpp).
>
> Should I push them back to [master] too?

We always fix bugs in the oldest branch affected which is still actively
supported (currently 4.5) and then merge those changes to the other
branches (you don't need to do anything for the merge - we will do this).
Thus the change which affects all branches should be only submitted to 4.5.
The problem affecting master (refdata.cpp) should be submitted to master.

> Master contains a template instantiation problem in the
> tests/mock_module part - which will probably not be
> able to compile in VS2010. What is this heavy-templated
> mock_module part used for?

I suppose we should install libxml on our autobuild machine so that it is
noticed automatically.
The mock classes are only used for unit testing.

Roland

> Thank you very much, through your help I managed to
> get along with git (which I never touched before).
>
> M.

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309