[gmx-developers] Minor CMAKE/fftw3 problem VS2010 x64 - finally solved

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at cbr.su.se
Wed Feb 29 20:01:40 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 19:16, Roland Schulz <roland at utk.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Mirco Wahab
>> Master contains a template instantiation problem in the
>> tests/mock_module part - which will probably not be
>> able to compile in VS2010. What is this heavy-templated
>> mock_module part used for?
>
> I suppose we should install libxml on our autobuild machine so that it is
> noticed automatically.

That could be nice. All the templates in that part come from Google
Mock, which should work on MSVC. And other tests that use it do
compile. But one of them triggered a compiler bug in MSVC (not
directly related to Google Mock), which we needed to work around, so
there could be something similar here. But without seeing the error,
it is impossible to say more. Also, the tests are not needed if you
simply want to use Gromacs (and you can disable building them).

Teemu