[gmx-developers] Mails rejected with "The message's content type was not explicitly allowed"

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Jul 5 19:19:29 CEST 2012

I agree with Szilard. This is very inconvenient. If we don't have the
time to install spam and virus scanners, I suggest we use a hosted
solution. E.g. we could use Google Apps and forward the mails to
mailman only after Google has scanned the incoming mails for spam and
viruses.

Roland

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Szilárd Páll <szilard.pall at cbr.su.se> wrote:
> I'm not an expert in fighting spam, but I wonder if this is really an
> adequate solution. AFAIK a spam filter is what's meant to solve such
> problems.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Szilárd
>

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Rossen Apostolov <rossen at kth.se> wrote:
>> Dear all,

>> viruses, and thus now only plain text messages are accepted.
>>
>> If you have received rejected mails saying "The message's content type was
>> not explicitly allowed" it means that you have used in your mail special
>> styles or formatting (e.g. bold typeface, colors etc.).
>>
>> Check your email client settings about how to send messages as plain text,
>> e.g. in GMail make sure to click on "Compose -> Plain Text". Check also
>> whether a formatted signature is added.
>>
>> Attachments are also not allowed but you could include links for downloads.
>>
>> Rossen

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309