[gmx-developers] private branch problem

Jochen Hub jhub at gwdg.de
Tue Jul 10 10:33:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

I try to setup a private branch on gerrit that can be shared within the
group. I followed the instruction in the Gerrit tutorial, added these
lines to .git/config,

[remote "private"]
         fetch = +refs/private/jochenhub/*:refs/remotes/private_jochenhub/*
         url = ssh://jochenhub@gerrit.gromacs.org:29418/gromacs
         push = refs/heads/private_jochenhub/*:refs/private/jochenhub/*

and did a

$ git pull private release-4-5-patches
(just "git pull private" as stated in the tutorial did not work)
$ git checkout -b private_jochenhub/mybranch --track mybranch

where mybranch was a local branch already present. Now, "git branch"
lists (amount the other branches):
mybranch
private_jochenhub/mybranch

But now I am a bit stuck. How do push changes to gerrit, so people from
my group can access it? And where can I set the permissions, since on
the Gerrit site under Admin/Project/Access I don't see my private
branch. There is only a section "Reference: refs/private/${username}/*",
which lists gmxcore under permissions.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Many tnanks,
Jochen

Dr. Jochen Hub
Computational Molecular Biophysics Group
Institute for Microbiology and Genetics
Georg-August-University of Göttingen
Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, 37077 Göttingen, Germany.
Phone: +49-551-39-14189
http://cmb.bio.uni-goettingen.de/