[gmx-developers] private branch problem

Jochen Hub jhub at gwdg.de
Tue Jul 10 10:55:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

one update:  In order to push to gerrit, I tried:

$ git push private

But his gives:

[remote rejected] private_jochenhub/waxs -> refs/private/jochenhub/waxs
(can not create new references)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://jochenhub@gerrit.gromacs.org:29418/gromacs'

Does anyone know what this means?

Many thanks,
Jochen

Am 7/10/12 10:33 AM, schrieb Jochen Hub:
> Hi,
>
> I try to setup a private branch on gerrit that can be shared within the
> group. I followed the instruction in the Gerrit tutorial, added these
> lines to .git/config,
>
> [remote "private"]
>          fetch = +refs/private/jochenhub/*:refs/remotes/private_jochenhub/*
>          url = ssh://jochenhub@gerrit.gromacs.org:29418/gromacs
>          push = refs/heads/private_jochenhub/*:refs/private/jochenhub/*
>
> and did a
>
> $ git pull private release-4-5-patches
> (just "git pull private" as stated in the tutorial did not work)
> $ git checkout -b private_jochenhub/mybranch --track mybranch
>
> where mybranch was a local branch already present. Now, "git branch"
> lists (amount the other branches):
> mybranch
> private_jochenhub/mybranch
>
> But now I am a bit stuck. How do push changes to gerrit, so people from
> my group can access it? And where can I set the permissions, since on
> the Gerrit site under Admin/Project/Access I don't see my private
> branch. There is only a section "Reference: refs/private/${username}/*",
> which lists gmxcore under permissions.
>
> Any help is highly appreciated!
>
> Many tnanks,
> Jochen

Dr. Jochen Hub
Computational Molecular Biophysics Group
Institute for Microbiology and Genetics
Georg-August-University of Göttingen
Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, 37077 Göttingen, Germany.
Phone: +49-551-39-14189
http://cmb.bio.uni-goettingen.de/