[gmx-developers] compiling: boost problem and error with icc

Jochen Hub jhub at gwdg.de
Fri Jul 27 13:10:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

I wish to report two more problems. On a Magny-Cours machine, master
branch compiled with icc, I get a boost-related error, as a boost header
file is missing in my version.

[  3%] Building CXX object
src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/analysisdata/dataproxy.cpp.o

/usr/users/jhub/src/gmx/gromacs/src/gromacs/analysisdata/../utility/gmxassert.h(43):
catastrophic error: could not open source file
"boost/exception/detail/attribute_noreturn.hpp"
   #include <boost/exception/detail/attribute_noreturn.hpp>
                                                           ^
cmake reports no problems:
-- Boost version: 1.36.0

I used icc 11.1 with
cmake $gmxsrc   -DGMX_MPI=OFF -DGMX_PREFER_STATIC_LIBS=ON
-DGMX_OPENMP=OFF -DGMX_ACCELERATION=SSE4.1

Is this a Gromacs configure problem, or is my boost installation erroneous?

----------------

Second problem on a Nehalem machine, also icc 11.1, I run into the
following errors, using the same cmake command. I have no clue what that
means:

[ 71%] Building CXX object
src/external/gmock-1.6.0/CMakeFiles/gmock.dir/src/gmock-all.cc.o

/usr/include/c++/4.3/tr1/tuple(74): error: expected an identifier
     template<int _Idx, typename... _Elements>
                                ^

/usr/include/c++/4.3/tr1/tuple(82): error: too few arguments for class
template "std::tr1::_Tuple_impl"
       struct _Tuple_impl<_Idx> { };
                              ^

/usr/include/c++/4.3/tr1/tuple(89): error: expected an identifier
     template<int _Idx, typename _Head, typename... _Tail>
                                                ^

Jochen

ps: I am on vacation in a few hours, so I may not reply to e-mail quite
soon.

Dr. Jochen Hub
Computational Molecular Biophysics Group
Institute for Microbiology and Genetics
Georg-August-University of Göttingen
Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, 37077 Göttingen, Germany.
Phone: +49-551-39-14189
http://cmb.bio.uni-goettingen.de/