[gmx-developers] Re: issue on benchmarking FEP calculations in Gromacs and NAMD

Wang, Yuhang ywang148 at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 12 00:45:23 CEST 2012

Dear Igor,

Both FEP simulations I did were done using slow growth method (20 windows). I agree with what you said: GROMACS needs correction. But, I just found out that NAMD doesn't need correction, because I set "alchDecouple=on", so that the self interaction term is always there (regardless of change in lambda). That's why two softwares produced different results. With that taken into account, there electrostatic desolvation free energy of SOD is ~ 82 kcal/mol in both cases.

Steven W.