[gmx-developers] GPU acceleration on 48 core nodes

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Thu May 24 15:52:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

Currently you shouldn't use the HT cores as the thread pinning locks to
the wrong cores.

The question on the AMD 48-core node is not specific enough. Performance
does not
depend on the number of cores, but on the core/GPU ratio and the PCI-E
connection(s).
If you have only one GPU I would suggest to use only one CPU with it on
the AMD.

We have new kepler kernels in the making which should give a least a
factor 1.5 improvement.

Cheers,

Berk