[gmx-developers] Inconsistent shifts. trjconv bug?

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue May 29 12:44:43 CEST 2012

16 apr 2012 kl. 13.55 skrev Erik Marklund:

> 16 apr 2012 kl. 13.26 skrev Berk Hess:

>>> Yes it does. I tried to find this issue, but failed. What is its id?
>> I think you problem probably has the same cause as:
>> http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/809
>>
>> Berk
>
> Thanks. That may be related. I tried, however, to make a new tpr file of the subsystem with tpbconv, which led to other problems with trjconv:

> Program trjconv, VERSION 4.6-dev-20120412-24879-dirty-unknown
> Source code file: /home/erikm/source/GMX/gmx_gerrit/gromacs/src/gmxlib/mtop_util.c, line: 747
>
> Software inconsistency error:
> Position restraint coordinates are missing
>
> In this particular case I had applied position restraints to parts of system. I think this calls for a redmine issue for tpbconv.
>
> Best,
>
> Erik

Hi again.

This problem is consistently reoccurring when I'm now simulating a protein interacting with a periodic DNA structure. I get these inconsistent shifts when analyzing my trajectories even if I use the trr file as input, also when choosing to process the entire system with e.g. trjconv. This suggests to me that redmine issue 809 is not the source of the problem. I've tried the release-4-6 branch too for analysis, but it doesn't help.

I'll make a redmine isssue of it thi afternoon unless someone points out what I might be overlooking.

Best,

Erik

erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
http://www2.icm.uu.se/molbio/elflab/index.html