[gmx-developers] Fluctuating charge code, Q-Chem interface, force matching.

Gerrit Groenhof ggroenh at gwdg.de
Mon Nov 5 08:05:00 CET 2012

Dear Lee-Ping,

On 1 and 2 we already had some exchange in the past, and I am pleased to see that you got it done.

Concerning the interface with Q-chem, if it is documented, and works without too much coding on the Q-chem part (in contrast to gaussian!!), I'd be happy to have it. There is an initiative to restructure the complete qmmm setup, as we now are getting too many program-specific interfaces.

On 1, I think it will be interesting to have, but I think it also depends on how well it is integrated (and integratable). I suppose it would also have to work on GPU now?

Concerning the forcematching. Is this the same procedure as that of Voth and co-workers. We used that, but as a seperate tool. Unless it is something else, I'd think such code would be more suitable as a gmxtool?

Best,
Gerrit