[gmx-developers] gmx performance-log database

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Wed Oct 24 17:47:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

We have been discussing this topic among developers.

In 4.6 he log file now contains all compiler flags, processor details etc.
So we could process the log files automatically to get the entries.
There are several things that would need to be checked for reliable
number though: correct input tpr, empty machine, etc.
So we can't publish the numbers as reliable numbers.
We were thinking about having two databases, one "certified" one
and one open one where everyone can submit.

Cheers,

Berk