[gmx-developers] Problems with artificial minima when using soft-core potentials

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Sep 3 21:22:58 CEST 2012

BTW, I'm very happy to add this to 5.0 moving forward as an alternate
approach -- although the CHOICE of separate parameters is complicated, the
coding is not. The cases are already handled separately 4.6 to support the
separation of coul and vdw so making them separate variables is easy.  I
just don't think we can add it to 4.6 at this point in the development
cycle.

I'll also note that we are working in my group in a way of avoiding softcore
calculations entirely -- but that's not quite ready to be unveiled yet.

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor
Department of Chemical Engineering