[gmx-developers] How to find out why a regression test is failing in Jenkins

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 16:34:26 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Carsten Kutzner <ckutzne at gwdg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently the regressiontests that I added for the comp. e-phys
> functionality fail in Jenkins
> (but not on my own machine). I get the following output in Jenkins (for each
> of the tests):
>
> Failed
>
> complex.swap_x
>
> Failing for the past 1 build (Since #3533 )
> Took 0 ms.
> Error Message
>
> Erorrs in
> Stacktrace
>

> The raw console output tells me that a .tpr file could not be produced, but
> I cannot see why.
> Where do I find the output produced by grompp?

The outputs are on the build slaves, so one needs to log in an
manually check them; I grabbed the ones from the following config:
http://jenkins.gromacs.org/job/Gromacs_Gerrit_master/3533/OPTIONS=Compiler=gcc%20CompilerVersion=4.7%20GMX_GPU=OFF%20CUDA=4.2%20GMX_DOUBLE=ON%20GMX_MPI=OFF%20NRANKS=1%20GMX_CPU_ACCELERATION=SSE4.1%20host=bs_nix1204,label=bs_nix1204/

You can get the tarball from here: https://db.tt/THnW9JKa

Szilárd

PS: couldn't we get the content of .out files to display in the test
result jenkins page? Alternatively, we could copy back some of the
output files to the jeknins server, but this could quickly turn into a
storage challenge.