[gmx-developers] Question on SHAKE equations

Shirts, Michael (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Sat Jun 8 04:56:24 CEST 2013

Hi, all-

I asked this before, and I believe (though Berk would have to chime in, or
I'd have to take the time looking through which I don't have) that there's a
numerical shortcut in the calculation that is true in the limit of small
delta, which of course delta is.  If you actually open up the debugger and
look at the deviations from the constraints after, they are indeed at the
proper tolerance specified by the user.

Best,
Michael Shirts
Assistant Professor