[gmx-developers] Question on SHAKE equations

"Pablo García Risueño" Risueno at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 10 14:20:20 CEST 2013

Dear Berk

I am a bit concerned about this point. Let us restrict ourselves to the
case of all H bond angles constrained. I was assuming that every H had one
single (arbitrary) constrained bond angle. This is, in the scheme below,
e.g. the angle C1-C2-H would be constrained, but not the H-C2-C3 angle.
Isn't this true?

        C1--C2--C3

In some literature I read that the vibration period of H bond angles is
the same as that of heavy atoms bond lengths (the Gromacs option h-angles
for constraints seems to assume this). Isn't this Gromacs option
proceeding as stated above?

Can you give me some reference where the procedure of 'virtual sites' to
constrain H bond angles is explained?

Thank you very much. Best regards