[gmx-developers] Using doxygen in gmx

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:01:32 CET 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>wrote:

> how can I get doxygen to pick up comments on methods, classes, namespaces
> etc.? Is it sufficient to have the proper comments in random files for
> doxygen to pick it up? Or do I need to add filenames/directory names to
> some input script?

Assuming you are on the master branch (or somewhere derived from it), you
don't need to do anything special for Doxygen to consider your file.
Everything under src/ is recursively included. Some files/directories are
excluded (the list is in doxygen/Doxyfile-common.cmakein), but that should
not normally affect you. If your comments don't seem to appear in the
output, then there may be issues with the enclosing scope
(file/namespace/class) not being properly documented. This is mentioned at
http://www.gromacs.org/Developer_Zone/Programming_Guide/Doxygen, along with
a lot of other stuff related to Doxygen, but I don't know all the rules
without more thorough testing.

Teemu