[gmx-developers] debug build: cannot find debug symbols in gmxlib/mdlib folder

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 17:24:39 CET 2013

Hi,

I gather you're using GROMACS 4.5. The libtool system we used has been not
supported for quite some years. However, I've never heard of this kind of
thing being a problem. My first suspicion is that the build tree has gotten
out of sync with something. If you can clean up your whole build tree,
rebuild and still reproduce the problem, then I'd then suggest you switch
to using the CMake build provided by GROMACS 4.5 (
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions_4.5/Cmake).
If there's still a problem, then there's some issue we might want to fix
(but I highly doubt it!).

Mark