[gmx-developers] C++ decisions - header file extension - use of bool

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 09:46:20 CET 2013

I'm happy with .hpp. Some clarity about code that is supposed to be "C++"
and that which is still "C perhaps being called by some C++ interface" is a
good thing. Some of that clarity will come from the location in the source
tree, of course.

Happy to keep gmx_bool. I can't think of a real advantage with switching to
bool, even after the transition. Keeping gmx_bool as a typedef gives us
some leverage if we ever need it to be something else.

Mark