[gmx-developers] deprecating the Nabble forums

Rossen Apostolov rossen at kth.se
Tue Apr 22 10:25:27 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

A few years ago we integrated the gmx-users and gmx-developers mailing
lists (handled by mailman) with the Nabble platform. The goal was to
provide a convenient search interface and means for new users to
participate in earlier discussions.

However, the additional Nabble interface created confusion with
subscriptions and differentiation between the forums and the mailing
list itself. Regarding search, both lists are already indexed numerous
times by various engines, and Google does a pretty good job at finding
earlier topics.

There's not much point in keeping the extra interface so we will
deprecate and remove both mailing lists from Nabble.

We plan to do that _next week_ so if you have used only the forums so
far, please subscribe to the users lists at

and the developers list at

For searches one can append " site:https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se" to the
queries, although simply adding "gromacs + ..." will give most of the
same hits.

Cheers,
Rossen